Irish Sport HQ,
National Sports Campus,
10 March, 2017
Ireland Active members, Fitness and Leisure Facilities across Ireland are being urged to sign up to promote Ireland’s third National Workplace Wellbeing Day on Friday 31st March 2017.
Ireland Active are delighted to partner with FDII/IBEC on this year’s National Workplace Wellbeing Day. Last year over 300 companies of all sizes from across the public and private sectors participated in the annual event which aims to improve employee wellbeing through promoting better exercise and nutrition in the workplace and during the workday. New research shows that only a quarter of workers in Ireland (26%) take the recommended level of exercise for a healthy lifestyle each week.
Facilities can organise a fitness class onsite or host a class in the workplace. Other ideas include facilitating a Lunchtime Mile Walk/Run Session or offer mini health checks.
Ireland Active believes initiatives such as National Workplace Wellbeing Day have the potential to generate interest in physical activity and fitness in local communities across Ireland. Participating members will be celebrating the day by running events and promotions at facilities or visiting local workplaces.
- Register your facility by emailing email@example.com
- Your details and activities are promoted to all businesses taking part via newsletters and websites (Ireland Active and National Workplace Wellbeing Day) and social media pages
- Participants contact you via the details provided
- You can also contact local companies to get involved and sign up
- Tweet your activity by tagging #workwell17 and @WellbeingDayIRL
We will send you a guide for the day, poster and letter template to invite companies to take part.
- Active School Week, 24th – 28th April 2017
- fit4all Week, 8th – 14th May 2017
- National Fitness Day, 29th September 2017
Contact Sarah Kerrigan for more details on how to sign up.